(What are Givers?)
Givers are people who can afford to purchase Gifts for people less fortunate than them. Givers can purchase Gifts for as little at $1 from a Receiver’s Amazon Wish List and the Gift will be sent directly to the Receiver. It takes 30 seconds to register as a Giver and we don’t publish your name anywhere.
(What are Receivers?)
Receivers are people whose lives would be improved by Givers purchasing a Gift for them from the list of items they have saved in their Amazon Wish List. Receivers tell their stories and upload photos in their blogs on this website.
Benefits of Gift and Befriend
- You can select and send a Gift from a person in need’s Amazon Wish List directly to them, regardless of where in the world they live.
- You can read about the person in need in their Blog on this site and speak to them over Skype before you send them a gift.
- You can stay in contact and build a friendship with the people to whom you send a gift, if you wish.
- 100% of your money goes on the price of the gift. There are no admin costs and Amazon is the only website on which you spend money. Amazon deliver the gifts directly to the recipients specified address, whether that is their house or a local charity office.
- You can be sure that the gift you send the person in need is something that they have chosen themselves, not something someone else has chosen for them.
- You can select from a wide of range of people in need, from a wide range of countries.
- You can send a gift voucher instead of a physical gift if you prefer, which means the recipient will receive your gift instantly.